Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Weekly Photo Challenge Week 3: Machines

I'm a little late in getting this posted, but suffice it to say that I was completely uninspired by the assignment for Week 3.  The topic was Machines.  I had a few ideas that seemed interesting initially, but they proved too much to pull off with my limited resources (I'm stuck with one lens for the moment), not to mention the oppressive heat that has descended on my area in the last week.  With temperatures reaching the upper 90's and a highest heat index reading of 117 degrees, I wasn't inclined to venture outside for very long at one time.  In the end, I managed to get this photo of the temperature gauge on our charcoal grill.  (Is a grill a machine?  Am I stretching here?)  I tried to add some grit by bumping the contrast and using a bit of texture, but the most impressive thing about this photo is that the needle is within the "ideal" heat range, even though the grill is not in use.  It's hot outside, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment